- The dot product is a method of multiplying two vectors and receiving a number as the result.
- The first vector must be a row vector, while the second must be a column vector.
- Both vectors must contain the same amount of elements.
- To calculate the vector inner product, multiply the corresponding elements and sum the results.
Mathematical Definitiona and b are column vectors.
import numpy as np
a = [3, 6, 2]
b = [1, 3, 8]
c = np.dot(a, b)
- It is also known as the scalar product and vector inner product.